Kaffe Fassett Collective for FreeSpirit presents the Third Weekend in October Quilt Kit. Experience luster of the Kaffe Fassett Shot Cottons gently falling amongst the Classics! The Third Weekend in October kit promises to challenge anyone looking to learn, grow and sharpen their quilting skills. Gift it to yourself or to a friend or family member!
Here is why this king size project is for you!
- Perfect for advanced beginner to enthusiast.
- Long term project teaching color placement, foundation piecing and growing your love for patchwork .
- Skill builder to challenge your creativity and/or use to master color theory.
- Subliminally teaches you about the impressive beauty and color brilliance of using Kaffe Fassett Shot Cottons in your work. You will fall in love and be a Shot Cotton fan for life.
- Randomly cut fabrics allow you to use the beauty and color of fabric to create unique Kaffe Fassett leaves. Fussy-cutting not required.
- Create in individual units, worked in 9-Patch segments. Rows sew nicely together.
- FreeSpirit to provide Third Weekend in October Facebook group, creating a community to share progress as well as technique guidance for innovative foundation piecing and tips.
Quilt Kit includes a total of 57 beautiful Kaffe Fasset Collective Fabrics and Kaffe Fassett Shot Cottons for the top/binding; Third Weekend in October pattern by Ruth Powers, fabric key and large plotting graph to recreate this beautiful fall scene, forty pages of pre-printed translucent foundation paper for immediate sewing.
Finished Quilt Size: 85" X 110"
Technique: Innovative foundation piecing, half square triangles, traditional piecing
Skill Level: intermediate to Advanced
Want to join the Sew-A-Long?? Join the Facebook group hosted by FreeSpirit Fabrics HERE